These 6ft Olympic barbells are designed to fit precisely with all Olympic Weight Plates and Bumper Plates.
They are supplied with spring collars that are chrome-plated to protect them against wear and tear.
- Bar Length: 1820mm (6 Ft)
- Sleeve diameter is 50mm.
- Shaft diameter is 28mm.
- Space between sleeves 1140mm.
- Chrome-plated shaft and sleeves.
- High-grade brass bushings.
- Sleeve Locking System: Half Moon Washers & Snap Rings
- Knurled shafts for improved grip. No centre knurling.
- Manufactured using premium grade forged steel.
- For improved safety and durability, the sleeves are secured to the main shaft with spring clips rather than nuts or Allen Key bolts to ensure the sleeves don't come loose after repetitive use.
- Weight: 14Kg
When choosing your barbell it is important to understand what the different terminology means, as there is often a lot of industry jargon that manufacturers and re-sellers use.
Bar strengths are reported in three areas: tensile strength, yield strength, and the PSI rating.
Tensile strength is the maximum load the barbell can support without fracturing, breaking or bending to the point where it’s unable to return back to the original shape. So a higher tensile strength generally means the bar can tolerate heavier loads and is able to handle repeated drops during training or competitions.
Yield strength is basically how much weight the bar can handle before it will become deformed — that is, it won’t return to perfect straightness. This is generally listed as it Maximum Load rating.
Now you know some of the terminology, it is important to look for a bar with a PSI rating of 150,000 or more and a minimum of 700lb weight capacity.